Dr. Baixiao Zhao is one of the leading TCM researchers and educators in China. He received his medical training from Shaanxi College of Chinese Medicine and obtained a master degree in acupuncture and moxibustion from the same school. During 1990s he studied under Professor Jiasan Yang, a well-known acupuncture master worldwide, and received his Ph.D. in acupuncture and moxibustion from Beijing University of Chinese medicine. Dr. Zhao is currently the dean of the school of acupuncture and moxibustion, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine.
Dr. Zhao’s main research interests in Chinese medicine include 1) the role and mechanism of the burning products in moxibustion with moxa; 2) clinical research on acupuncture anesthesia and its mechanism based on craniotomy. Over the past 20 years he has led many research projects and published many research papers and books in the field of Chinese medicine. Dr. Zhao has also taught numerous courses and given presentations worldwide in acupuncture and moxibustion. He has also supervised numerous master, Ph.D. and postdoctoral students in the field.
Over the years of practice and teaching acupuncture and moxibustion, Dr. Zhao developed his own understanding and theory in diagnosis and treatment of acupuncture, the Layer Diagnosis theory and related treatment method. In this course, Dr. Zhao will teach the essential concept of the theory and discuss the basic skills of meridian examination for application of acupuncture in clinical settings. The meridian examination of each part of the body will also be included in this course.
The course objectives include
- To introduce the concept of the “Layer Diagnosis and Treatment Method” in acupuncture based on ancient classics and clinical practice
- To introduce the basic skills for meridian examination
- To familiarize students with the application of meridian examination in diagnosis and treatment of acupuncture
- To teach the students how to do diagnosis and treat the common diseases with acupuncture
- To teach the students how to use acupuncture and herbs for the common diseases